LABOR SUPPORT PACKAGE
As a birth doula, I accompany women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience. I provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, making suggestions for labor progress, help with relaxation, massage, positioning, and other techniques for comfort. I am present to support you during your pregnancy, labor, and during postpartum, in whatever choices you make.
One or two in-home prenatal appointments to become acquainted with you, discuss your priorities and concerns, and plan how to best work together
Be available to you 24/7 surrounding the month around your due date
Educational and emotional support prenatally, during labor, and postpartum
Informational support, enabling you to make your own choices
I will continue to support you once active labor has begun and stay with you for 1-2 hours postpartum to help assist with breastfeeding
Within the first three to five days postpartum, I will visit you to process the birth and answer any questions you have.
I am a valuable resource of information for you and will be able to give referrals to appropriate professionals, as needed
Access to my lending library
The main role of the postpartum doula is to serve the family in making a smooth transition to life with a newborn. The services I provide include but are not limited to: promote parent-baby bonding, newborn care education, breastfeeding or supplementing support, offering physical and emotional support to the mother, baby wearing or cloth diaper assistance (if desired), sibling support, partner support, preparing simple and nutritious meals, and maintaining light household tasks. First and foremost, my goal is to address your main concerns during each visit, whatever they may be.
Customized packages to meet your needs! Hourly rate: $25
All packages may include the following:
- Creating a nurturing, restful environment in which parent(s) may eat, shower, nap
- Organize and tidy the home
- Offer evidence-based information on a range of normal infant care issues
- Keep parent(s) fed and hydrated
- Offer support on how to integrate the new baby into the family
- Provide breastfeeding support: positioning, diaper tracking, identifying possible issues and provide appropriate referrals when necessary
- Allow space for self-care
- Help set up nursery, diaper change, and feeding stations (optional)
- Offer a listening, non-judgmental ear
- Information on baby carriers and safety
- Provide specialist referrals for therapy, body work, support groups, pediatricians, etc
- Registry support
- Access to my lending library
- Hospital visit (optional)
- Nutritious Meal Support (add-on package)
- Help you to enjoy this new little one and transition into the role of parenthood!
Postpartum shifts must be booked in blocks of 4 hours. Less than that is not enough time for me to be of help to you and your family. It is my recommendation that day shifts last 4 hours and night shifts last 8 hours.